I originally posted these tips in 2013 and when I reviewed them now, in 2018, realized they have stood the test of time. So I wanted to post them again with a few updates.
If you’re still on the fence about blogging, let me share this statistic:
Featuring a blog as a key part of your website will give you a 434% better chance of being ranked highly on search engines. (Source: Tech Client)
Convinced? So, if you want to increase your traffic to your website, incorporate these techniques into your schedule.
- Blog Regularly – It’s a fact, the more often you blog, the more traffic you will see as a result.
B2C companies that blogged 11 times or more a month got more than 4X as many leads than those that publish only 4-5 posts per month. (Source: Hubspot)
When this post was originally published in 2013, I recommended 5 times a week for maximum benefit. I have found this schedule is unattainable or unsustainable for many entrepreneurs, myself included! So, unless you can outsource your blogging, set a schedule frequency you can keep consistently.
- Create Authority Articles – Focus on creating Authority Posts. Lengthier articles that are really well put together will attract attention from other bloggers & users of social bookmarking sites like StumbleUpon, Digg, Reddit, etc.
- Comment on Other Blogs – Don’t keyword spam in these! Use your own name and add value to the conversation. Your focus should be on engagement and relationship building not simply building your own traffic.
- Link Out Frequently to Industry Leaders. Show some link love to other bloggers in your niche. In turn, they might eventually link back if you have a quality post on a topic they have not covered yet.
- Participate in Blog Tours/Blog Carnivals – These are a way for bloggers within a niche to get together and periodically highlight posts from one another’s blogs. This article explains the process and will get you started.
- Do Guest Posts – Not just for A-List bloggers! You can participate and benefit from guests posts at any stage. Be sure to create some good ideas and articles to present, so as to make a good first impression.
- Article Marketing – Most experts agree article marketing is not what it used to be. It hasn’t exactly died, it has just been replaced by guest posting, articles on social media platforms and other more direct techniques. I think we can put article marketing in the archives.
- Social Digging – join sites like Business2Community and submit your blog posts. Users will share your posts through social media. Make sure you also actively share others contributions.
- Social Bookmarking – This is simply tagging a web page with a web-based tool so you can easily access it later. This saves them to the web (not your browser.) Since your bookmarks are online, you can easily access them anywhere you have an internet connection and share them with friends. This is a list of the top bookmarking sites for 2017.
- Use Great Headlines – okay, which sounds better?
“Some Ways to Get Readers”,
“10 Time-tested, Battle-Hardened Website Traffic Techniques”.
Writing attention-getting headlines is an art you need to master. A good headline should pique the interest of the reader without being overly sensational. It must be believable and your content must then deliver on the promise in the headline.
Incorporate these tips into your blogging and you will reap the benefits of more website traffic.
If you need assistance with blogging, I would love to help! Contact Me Now.